I know what you probably are thinking, but don’t worry,. I am not going to use the word diet. From the common person perspective like you and me, that not only wish to lose weight but also remain healthy, many times we want a magical, instantaneous simple and effortless formula. Sorry, that don´t exists.
The ideal case it Is to achieve of lifestyle that combines common sense, physical activity enough rest and a healthy provocative nutrition.
According to the nutrition experts the public health school of Harvard University, a healthy food plate must contain:
- Proteins and legumes
- Vegetables and fruits
- Integral cereals
- Healthy oils
Should be noted , that even when healthy, balanced and varied food depends on part on the needs of each person (age, sex, lifestyle, cultural context, locally available foods, among others) there are some basic principles that we must take into account to lead a healthy diet:
• Drink lots of water, at least 6 to 8 glasses daily.
• Substitute food that generates fat and sugar (soft drinks, nachos with cheese, chips, pre-cooked foods with preservatives, pastries, bread, crackers, snacks) for healthy foods that generate LEAN MUSCLE AND CELLS (muscle tissue development) such as proteins, healthy fats, whole foods rich in fiber (fish, chicken, red meat in moderate amounts, olive oil, avocado, beans, legumes, grains, nuts, almonds, among others).
• Another basic principle is treat in most possible way, that the food we consume be as close to nature as it comes, unprocessed. Fruits and vegetables with their whole nutrients.
• To achieve this, it is suggested to eat at least one food from each group in each of the 3 meals, trying to follow the following recommendations:
• Try to eat different foods every day.
• Eat vegetables and fruits as much as possible raw and shelled to take advantage of their nutritional value.
• Consume enough cereals (tortillas, whole wheat bread, wholemeal pasta, rice, or oats) combined with legumes (lentils, beans, beans or chickpeas).
• As for food of animal origin, prefer fish or chicken without skin to red meat.
• Prefer grease and vegetable oils such as avocado, walnuts, almonds, instead of butter or fat
• Sweeten with little sugar and cook with little salt.
• Eat with ease and without hassle.
• Establish fixed schedules for each meal.
An example of a healthy dish (in small portions) could be designed as follows:
boiled egg + vegetable with spinach + mixed fruit cup + toasted whole wheat bread
grilled chicken + vegetable cream + rice + mixed fruit cup
Tuna salad with avocado + walnuts and almonds
The important thing is to make good dietary decisions and learn to avoid foods that cause problems in the body, however, always remember that true beauty is not seen with the eyes, it comes from the inside.