Hosp. Ángeles Lomas (+52) 55 5801-9090 | Hosp. Ángeles Mocel (+52) 55 2229-7013



Metabolic surgery is the set of surgical procedures that are used to treat metabolic disorders, such as: diabetes (blood sugar), hypercholesterolemia (high cholesterol), hypertriglyceridemia (high triglycerides), among others.


  • The results after surgery show that about 90% of patients with Type II Diabetes Mellitus can be cured and the remaining 10% can significantly reduce their need for medication for diabetes, depending on the particular case of each person.
  • Because it is a laparoscopic procedure, in which small incisions are made “minimally invasive”, there is less postoperative pain, less bleeding, which results in a faster recovery and a much shorter work incapacity.


The main surgical technique of metabolic surgery used for patients with diabetes is the GASTRIC BYPASS IN “Y” BY ROUX, which means to modify the anatomy of the digestive tract by creating a small stomach and attaching it to a handle of the small intestine, thus avoiding food travel digestive tract in its entirety, creating a different stimulus of the food ingested in the small intestine, thus producing a significant change in the metabolism of the patient.

What happens after metabolic surgery is that the food reaches the terminal intestine faster and less digested, generating signals in the intestine that produce hormones and stimulate the pancreas to produce insulin, achieving control of glucose production, thus reducing associated complications such as cardiovascular risks, blood lipid values and need for antihypertensive medication.

¿Le ayudo?

Si tiene alguna inquietud, duda o problema, no dude en consultarme, con gusto le atenderé.